Hazelrig-Salter Radiation Oncology Center
Hazelrig-Salter Radiation Oncology Center brings together an interdisciplinary team of world-renowned medical professionals in a state-of-the-art environment.
As a member of the O’Neal Comprehensive Cancer Center at UAB, this facility is one of the country’s most technologically advanced centers of its size. Opened in March 2010, this 50,000-square-foot radiation treatment space provides special features including:
- Interactive children’s play area
- Specialty rooms for head and neck patients
- Observation rooms including pediatric area
- Fiber optic and illuminated ceilings for patient comfort
- State-of-the-art linear accelerators and 16-slice computed tomography (CT) with gating for superior imaging
- Vaults dedicated to stereotactic radiosurgery
In addition, patients waiting in the comfortable, light-filled space of the waiting room will have a view of the Jim Limbaugh Family Park of Hope Honoring Phyllis Limbaugh. This park, which includes a garden courtyard with a fountain, is intended to be a place of reflection and renewal for patients and their families. The facility offers comprehensive cancer care for patients in need of radiation oncology services.
Valet parking is available at the entrance to the building or you may self park in the 4th Avenue at 18th Street South parking deck.