BCRFA funds cancer-related research grant through O’Neal Invests
The O’Neal Comprehensive Cancer Center at UAB is pleased to announce that the Breast Cancer Research Foundation of Alabama (BCRFA) has generously funded three Pre-R01 grants through the fall cycle of O’Neal Invests.
- Erin Ahn, Ph.D.
- Department of Pathology, Division of Molecular and Cellular Pathology
- Phenotypic and Metabolic Reprogramming of Breast Cancer by MascRNA
- Bin Ren, M.D., Ph.D.
- Department of Surgery, Division of Vascular Surgery & Endovascular Therapy
- Targeting the Signaling that Drives Arteriolar Niche Formation and Cancer Cell Stemness
- Mary Kathryn Sewell-Loftin, Ph.D.
- Department of Biomedical Engineering
- The Role of Biomechanical Regulation in Triple Negative Breast Cancer
Pre-R01 grants are for $160,000 over two years. There are two O’Neal Invests RFAs per year, in the spring and fall. Cancer Center membership is not a requirement to apply, but awardees must become members. The grants are peer-reviewed by a panel of UAB faculty.
To learn about other grants awarded during the fall cycle, click here.
The new RFA for O’Neal Invests applications will be available February 1, 2024.