The O’Neal Comprehensive Cancer Center at UAB launched a new website that creates a virtual front door to UAB Medicine’s world-class cancer care, research, and patient support services.
Visit the new homepage at OnealCancerUAB.org and explore its many features, including:
- News about the latest advances in cancer care, and stories about our cancer survivors
- Information on different types of cancer and how they’re treated
- A searchable index of clinical research trials
- A “Meet the Team” section, which highlights the wide range of specialists who focus on each type of cancer
- Information on programs and support resources for patients and their loved ones at every stage of the cancer journey, from diagnosis and treatment to survivorship
- Resources for referring physicians
- Continuing education content for medical professionals
The O’Neal Comprehensive Cancer Center is part of UAB Medicine, one of the nation’s top academic medical centers, so we conduct clinical research trials of promising new medications and other treatments that aren’t available at most hospitals. In fact, many of these research studies are led by the same UAB Medicine physicians who care for patients. The new website includes a searchable database of clinical trials, which allows visitors to find studies that may be right for them and their condition.
The O’Neal Comprehensive Cancer Center at UAB provides a seamless in-person experience for patients that goes far beyond medical care, and our new website is designed to do the same for those visiting online. When you need cancer information, start with the O’Neal Comprehensive Cancer Center at UAB, and please let our staff know what you think of the new site.
Other UAB Website Launches
In addition to launchinga new online space for the O’Neal Comprehensive Cancer Center, UAB Medicine recently rolled out major updates to our main public website, uabmedicine.org, and to our internal employee intranet, ONEuabmedicine.org. Both have been redesigned and share many of the same general features with the O’Neal site, including:
- Mobile-friendly: These sites work just as well on mobile devices as on desktop computers, making it easy to get directions, find a doctor, and access the myUABMedicine Patient Portal when and where it’s convenient for you.
- Dynamic content: This includes captivating video, engaging icons, and color changes in response to user input, all of which enhance the browsing experience.
- Sitewide searches: Quickly find useful results from across hundreds of webpages.
Click here to visit now!