How to Refer a Patient
To refer a patient to the Breast Health clinic, please call (205) 801-9034. This line is staffed by our access specialists Monday-Friday from 8 am to 4:30 pm.
For urgent referrals or inpatient transfers, please call UAB MIST (Medical Information Service via Telephone) at 1-800-UAB-MIST (1-800-822-6478) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. UAB MIST is a toll-free, 24-hour service that connects physicians anywhere in the country with UAB Medicine specialists.
A leader in the diagnosis and treatment of both benign breast problems and breast cancer, the UAB Breast Health Center uses a multidisciplinary approach to provide our patients with comprehensive, state-of-the-art treatment options and follow-up care. Our physicians are nationally recognized experts in breast health and employ today’s leading-edge treatments. We offer comprehensive breast health services that include screening, risk assessment, prevention strategies, diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation and research. The Breast Health Center is also home to the Angel Squad, a volunteer group dedicated to providing comfort, hope and compassionate services to breast cancer patients and their caregivers during their cancer journey.
Online provider access to UAB electronic medical records. Click here to log in or request access.
View all the ongoing clinical trials at the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
- Breast Cancer Surgical Margins UpdateCME/CE16.25Minutes10Through a series of case studies, Rachael B. Lancaster, MD, gives an update on breast cancer surgical margins and discusses the recent changes in the landscape.WatchClose
- Breast Cancer Questions to Ask Your DoctorMinutes2Diagnosed with breast cancer? Here are some questions you may want to ask your doctor.WatchClose
- Genetic Counseling: Benefits for Cancer TreatmentCME/CE0.25Minutes15Close
- The Future of Breast Cancer TreatmentCME/CE0.25Minutes23Close
- Breast Cancer in Sub-Saharan AfricaCME/CE16.25Minutes15Close