How to Refer a Patient
To refer a patient to UAB Medicine Hematology and Oncology, please call (205) 801-9034 or via fax at (205) 975-9320. This line is staffed by our access specialists Monday-Friday from 8 am to 4:30 pm.
For urgent referrals or inpatient transfers, please call UAB MIST (Medical Information Service via Telephone) at 1-800-UAB-MIST (1-800-822-6478) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. UAB MIST is a toll-free, 24-hour service that connects physicians anywhere in the country with UAB Medicine specialists.
The UAB Division of Hematology and Oncology provides comprehensive, patient-specific assessments in the context of an academic environment, along with robust clinical research that impacts every aspect of cancer care. Our specialized, disease-focused teams design treatment plans at the cutting edge of scientific discovery, in a personalized manner that honors the patient-doctor relationship while placing a high value on superior outcomes and an optimal quality of life. Our faculty are dedicated to continued excellence and service to our patients.
Online provider access to UAB electronic medical records. Click here to log in or request access.
View all the ongoing clinical trials at the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
- Physician Wellness: Ways to Reduce Burnout & Early RetirementCME/CE0.25Minutes15Close
- Thyroid Disease and Thyroid CancerCME/CE0.25Minutes23Close
- Minimally Invasive Surgery In The Treatment Of Colon And Rectal DiseaseCME/CE0.25Minutes12Close
- Preventative MastectomyCME/CE0.25Minutes14Close
- New Ways to Approach Pancreatic CancerCME/CE0.25Minutes19Close
- Collaborative Management of Atrial Fibrillation in Hematology PatientsCME/CE0.25Minutes19Close